- An easy vegan Vietnamese-Style rice noodle bowl with a ginger and peanut dressing. The perfect speedy weekday meal in a bowl. Made with rice noodles, tofu, carrots, spring onions and fresh herbs.
Total cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
For the bowl
- 200g thin rice noodles (increase to 300g if this is the main meal of your day)
- 1 x firm tofu, pressed and diced
- 150g small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 spring onions, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Fresh herbs such as coriander, mint or sesame seeds for topping (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp salted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (minced or grated)
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- Start by preparing your rice noodles according to packaging instructions and set aside.
- Add the oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the tofu (see notes below) and stir in 2 tbsp soy sauce. Season generously with salt and pepper and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, make the peanut dressing, by whisking together all ingredients until well blended. This may take a minute or two.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, drizzle with peanut dressing and top with sesame seeds.
As tofu contains a lot of water, you need to press it before cooking, especially if you’re frying, baking or grilling it. Simply wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen or paper towel and put a stack of books or something heavy such as a frying pan on top. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can use your hands to press it lightly. Just make sure you’re distributing the pressure evenly and don’t push too hard.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano