- This creamy vegan udon stir fry with tofu, greens and the most delicious coconut peanut sauce is all about one thing: big flavour!
Honestly, udon noodles are so underrated! They make such a quick and easy lunch or dinner and are great for any type of sauce. This recipe makes use of only 5 ingredients and is ready in about 20 minutes; from start to finish!
What are udon noodles and where can I get them?
Udon noodles are chewy Japanese noodles made of wheat flour, water, and salt. You can usually buy them at any larger supermarket or your Asian grocery store, pre-cooked or frozen, which makes them perfect for quick stir-fries.
What else do I need for this recipe?
You can use all your favourite vegetables for this udon noodle recipe. We recommend some greens, such as green beans, broccoli or edamame as well as some tofu, which adds nice texture to this recipe. For the sauce, we’ll simply use two food cupboard staples: coconut milk and peanut butter. Lastly, you’ll also need some grated ginger, garlic powder and chilli flakes to bring in all that flavour!
Total cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 130g udon noodles
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g green beans
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tofu, diced
- 1 handful of edamame, optional
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ¼ tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful of chopped peanuts, optional
1. Cook 130g udon noodles according to packaging instructions. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan heat vegetable oil and fry your favourite veggies such as broccoli, green beans and spring onions and cook until soft. Add some diced tofu and cook for another 5 minutes. Add grated ginger, garlic powder and chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add cooked udon noodles to the saucepan and add half a can of coconut milk, maple syrup, soy sauce and peanut butter. Stir until well combined. Serve your udon stir fry in a large bowl, topped with chopped spring onions, sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano