This vegan tomato galette is definitely a new favourite! It’s super simple to make, easily customisable and ready in no time.
How to make this vegan tomato galette
Which dough to use
To save time, you can get fresh pie/galette dough at most supermarkets. Just make sure it’s vegan. If you’d like to make it from scratch, try this recipe and replace the butter with vegan butter.
Make a pesto for the base
A flavourful base is crucial for this vegan tomato galette. You can choose between using a store-bought pesto or making your own (which I prefer). If you want to make your own, try the recipe below:
- 100g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1-2 tbsp water to loosen
- Add all ingredients except for the oil and water to a food processor.
- Start processing and pour in olive oil while running. Add 1-2 tbsp water for a smoother texture. Season with salt to taste.
Get creative with the toppings
I love using a bright and colourful mix of cherry tomato varieties for the topping. However, feel free to get creative and use seasonal produce or veggies you already have at home.
A favourite for every season
This vegan tomato galette is a year-round favourite, bursting with flavour. We love this dish because it’s:
- Easy: it takes no time to prep and only a few ingredients are required
- Flexible: you can easily adapt this recipe to use vegetables you already have at home. Simply replace the tomatoes with courgette, aubergine or other veggies and adjust the time in the oven if needed
- Perfectly delicious: The combination of sundried tomatoes, Italian herbs, garlic and fresh basil is simply delightful.
Vegan tomato galette recipe
Ingredients (makes 1):
- 1 pie/galette crust
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 tsp pesto Rosso (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp for brushing the crust
- Generous pinch of salt
- Handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, then transfer to a bowl, together with garlic, oregano, olive oil and salt. Give it a good mix, then set aside.
- Roll out your pastry and transfer it onto a baking sheet. Spread the pesto over the middle, leaving a 5-6 cm border.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top, then fold the pastry over the pesto and tomatoes. Brush the edges with olive oil and transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, toasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and enjoy.
Did you make this vegan tomato galette recipe?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan tomato galette, tag us on Instagram. Also, let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano