Total cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
2 large sweet potatoes washed and sliced into 6mm even slices
For the chickpea topping:
- 1 avocado
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
For the pepper hummus topping
- 1 tbsp pickled peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 60g hummus
1. Set the toaster to high and toast the sweet potato slices. After the first toast, pierce the potato flesh with a fork and toast again. If you want them a little bit softer, you can roast them in the oven at 190C for about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl combine the avocado, chickpeas, sea salt and lemon juice and smash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once the potato is toasted through (this may take a few rounds in the toaster) place the slices up on a plate.
4. Spoon a good amount of the avocado chickpea mixture directly on one to the potatoes and sprinkle with baby watercress or sprouts to serve.
5. To make the pepper hummus version, smear a good amount of hummus directly on to the potato, top with pepper slices and a few basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. An extra tip from our side: We usually slice the entire sweet potato and keep the extra slices in a plastic bag in the fridge. They keep for over a week and are ready to toast straight from the fridge.
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano