Vegan Rose Gyoza
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you NEED to give these vegan rose gyoza a try! They are not only pretty to look at, they’re also packed with flavour and seriously delicious. Save this recipe to make for your loved ones… or simply treat yourself.
Total cooking time: 30 minutes | Makes: 10 | Easy
- 40 gyoza wrappers
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Plus 2 tbsp water (for steaming)
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- To make the filling, heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and leek and fry for 5 minutes. Lastly, stir in soy sauce and set aside.
- To make the rose, place one gyoza wrapper on a chopping board and wet one side edge with water. Lay another wrapper over the edge with a slight overlap. Repeat with 2 more wrappers.
- Put a heaping teaspoon of filling into the centre of each wrapper, wet the edge of the wrappers with water and fold them in half from the right-hand side (two at the time).
- Press together with your fingers to close up the gyoza wrapper firmly then simply roll them up from the left side.
- Wet the end of one side of the gyoza rose to close. Repeat this step with the rest of the wrappers.
- When you have shaped them all, place in a pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil, spaced slightly apart.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes then add 3 tbsp water, cover with a lid and steam for 8 minutes.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve gyoza with dipping sauce and sesame seeds.
Did you make these vegan rose gyoza?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan rose gyoza, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
Looking for more Vegan Valentine’s Day Recipes? Check out our favourite plant-based menus consisting of some incredibly delicious vegan Valentine’s Day recipes here.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano