- This baked courgette roll recipe is a super-easy way to make courgettes into a tasty dish. Stuffed with vegan ricotta (aka tofu) they’re surprisingly filling, have loads of texture and are simply delicious!
Total cooking time: 40 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 2 large courgettes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350g tomato sauce (if you’re in a hurry, a ready-made sauce like Loyd Grossman‘s is perfect)
- 1 firm tofu, pressed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- A handful of fresh basil
- 10-15 toothpicks
1. Break apart the tofu into a food processor. Add salt, smoked paprika, cumin, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, tomato paste and garlic cloves. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. You can also use a hand blender for this. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°. Slice the courgettes lengthwise into thin strips (around 25mm). If you have one, you can also use an apple peeler to make them perfectly thin.
3. Spread the tomato sauce onto the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish; set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon tofu mixture evenly along each courgette slice. Roll up, put a toothpick through the middle and place in the prepared dish. Repeat with remaining courgette slices and filling. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the tops of the rolls.
5. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano