Total cooking time: 35 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 250g Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 50g quinoa (increase to 150g if this is your main meal of the day)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30g margarine/vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
Peanut butter dressing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp of boiling water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Start by preparing the Brussels sprouts. Slice off the nubby ends and remove any damaged leaves.
3. Cut in half and place on a baking tray lined with a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss until evenly coated. Then arrange the sprouts in an even layer with their flat sides facing down.
4. For the sweet potatoes, melt the margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cinnamon.
5. Add the sweet potatoes to the same baking tray and brush with the margarine cinnamon mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Roast at 200°C for 20 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are just lightly browned and the sweet potatoes are tender. In the meantime, cook your quinoa according to packaging instructions.
7. To make the peanut dressing, whisk together the peanut butter and boiling water until smooth. Then add soy sauce and whisk until blended.
8. Combine cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a bowl. Add your peanut butter dressing and finally sprinkle with sesame seeds. Voila!
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano