- Quick and easy quinoa bowl, with thick asparagus spears, sweet potato wedges and a creamy peanut butter dressing.
Total cooking time: 45 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 1 pound asparagus spears (thick spears are best for roasting)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 50g quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30g margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Lemon juice
Peanut butter dressing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp of boiling water
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Rinse the asparagus spears. If the ends are tough, break them off. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges.
2. For the sweet potatoes, melt the margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cinnamon. Add the potato wedges to the margarine and toss to combine. Season the potatoes with the salt and pepper.
3. Spread the asparagus spears in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Add the sweet potatoes to the same baking tray.
4. Roast at 200°C for 20 minutes until the asparagus is just lightly browned and the sweet potatoes tender. In the meantime, cook your quinoa according to packaging instructions.
5. To make the peanut dressing, whisk together the ingredients until well blended.
6. Combine cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus in a bowl. Drizzle asparagus with some lemon juice, add your peanut butter dressing and finally sprinkle with sesame seeds. Voila!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano