As part of our 28-Day Vegan Challenge this Veganuary, we’re featuring four recipes of our favourite foodie and recipe creators! This week, we’re very excited to introduce you to Hanna and Manel from @addictedtohumus and their incredibly delicious vegan pretzel nuggets!
These tofu bites covered with crushed salty pretzels are packed with flavour and make the perfect easy weekday snack. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Total cooking time: 40 minutes | Makes: 12 | Easy
- 400g tofu, unfrozen
- 150g pretzel crackers
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Some paprika powder
- Some salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Freeze and then unfreeze the tofu and press lightly with your fingers to remove excess liquid. Crumble it up into approximately 12 nuggets.
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor (but do not make flour from it) and put on a large plate.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the batter.
- Dunk the nuggets in the batter and cover well.
- Throw each nugget into the crumbles and cover well.
- Line them up on a baking tray and bake for 25min or until golden brown.
Serve them with our BBQ sauce (ketchup, maple syrup, liquid smoke, pepper, paprika and garlic powder) or other dips.
About Hanna & Manel
Hey, we are Hanna and Manel. Two globetrotters finding peace in healthy, plant-based food. We are travellers and love to discover traditional food from all over the world! Since we went into a vegan lifestyle, our passion has been cooking and taking pics and videos of these amazing foods.