This creamy, vegan one-pot tomato pasta is pure comfort in a pot. Super juicy, only one pot needed and on the table in under 20 minutes, just what you need for hectic weeknights.
What you need to make this one-pot pasta
Fortunately, the shopping list for this one-pot recipe is short and straightforward:
- Pasta: you can use both short or long pasta for this recipe. Choose spaghetti for a more classic version, or mix it up with penne, rigatoni or farfalle.
- Staples: you need olive oil, garlic cloves and one small onion
- Vegan mozzarella: You can add vegan mozzarella for extra creaminess and a lovely texture. This is not a must, though, so feel free to make it without if you haven’t got any at home.
- Chopped tomatoes: you could also use passata or fresh cherry tomatoes
- Baby spinach: for some lovely green colours and loads of vitamins A, C and K, you need baby spinach or other leafy greens such as kale or swiss chard
- Fresh and dried herbs: all you need is fresh basil and dried oregano
Why you’ll love this vegan one-pot tomato pasta
- Incredibly easy to make: This vegan one-pot tomato pasta is perfect for a busy day as it’s super easy and quick to make. It’s incredibly tasty, low on mess and ready in under 20 minutes.
- Minimal washing up: As the name suggests, the whole recipe is cooked in one pot, which requires minimal washing up.
- Cater for a crowd: This recipe is ideal for bigger batches. Simply double or triple the ingredients to cater for a bigger crowd.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 285g pasta
- 760ml water
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 tin/400g chopped tomatoes
- 50g vegan mozzarella + more for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Torn basil leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and water and stir.
- Add pasta and bring mixture to a boil, frequently stirring until pasta is al dente and almost all water has been absorbed. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in vegan cheese and spinach and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with fresh basil and more vegan cheese if desired.
Did you make this vegan one-pot tomato pasta?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan one-pot tomato pasta, tag us on Instagram. Also, let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano