Vegan Nacho Bowl With Green Lentil Meat
- This vegan nacho bowl with tortilla chips and vegan sour cream dip is an absolute dream! We LOVE Mexican food and are totally obsessed with this dish at the moment! So easy to make, full of flavour and great texture with some plant-based ‘meat’ made of green lentils, which are a great source of iron and high in magnesium. A real plant-based power food!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 1/2 tin green lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp oregano
Vegan cashew sour cream:
- 100g cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tin sweet corn
- 1/2 tin kidney beans
- 3 leaves iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped (or any salad you have in your fridge)
- 1 spring onions, cut into rings
- 1/2 red onion, cut into half rings
- 120g nachos
- 1 avocado, diced
1. To make your vegan nacho bowl, start by preparing your green lentil ‘meat’. Drain the lentils, place them in a food processor and process until well incorporated. But make sure to leave some texture! Season with paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onions and garlic. Fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato paste, lentil mixture and diced tomatoes and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Next, drain the cashews and, together with all sour cream ingredients, put into a blender. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Now it’s time to assemble your nacho bowl! Combine lettuce, sweet corn, kidney beans, avocado. Top with the lentil meat and cashew sour cream. Finally, add the nachos on top and sprinkle with red onions and spring onions. If you want some extra spice, you can add some chopped chillies too!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano