Total cooking time: 1 hour | Makes: 1 loaf | Easy
- 400g ripe bananas
- (+ 1 extra for the topping)
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g brown sugar
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
1. To make the vegan marbled banana bread, start by preheating the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Next, peel your bananas and put them into a large bowl. Use the bottom of a fork to press down until the banana is well mashed.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, oil and almond milk and mix until well combined. An electric mixer is best for this but you can also mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
4. Spoon ⅓ of the mixture into a separate bowl. Add cacao and mix until well combined.
5. Spoon the two batters alternately into a loaf tin. Start with the plain mixture and finish with the cacao mixture. Then swirl with a knife. Don’t over swirl or the colours will get muddled — four or five times up and back should do it.
6. Lastly, half 1 banana and place on top of the banana bread mixture.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Make sure you let it cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tin.
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano