This vegan lentil bolognese is one of our all-time-favourites. It was one of the very first vegan dishes we tried when we transitioned to a vegan diet and has been a favourite ever since. When you’re craving real comfort food, this is the recipe we go for: a flavoursome base, hearty lentils, red onion, carrots and juicy tomatoes. The result is a deliciously rich dish, perfect for speedy weekday dinners or big batches. Just 10 simple ingredients required!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2-3 | Easy
- 230g pasta, cooked
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 300g chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh basil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
2. Stir in the carrots, tomato paste, cumin, oregano and smoked paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer, close with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are soft.
3. Add in chopped tomatoes and lentils, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with pasta and fresh basil (optional).
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano