Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
For the filling:
- 1 large aubergine, cut into 1cm chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 flatbreads
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the relish:
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
For the tahini dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp water
1. Whisk the harissa paste and maple syrup into a large bowl, then add the aubergine chunks and cherry tomatoes into the mixture. Mix until the vegetables are generously coated.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add harissa coated aubergine and cherry tomatoes. Reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In the meantime, prepare the relish. Combine cucumber, red onion, mint and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Next, prepare the tahini dressing. Add tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly add water and whisk until creamy and pourable.
5. Arrange the flatbreads on a platter and top with harissa aubergine and tomatoes, spoon over the relish and tahini dressing and finally sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano