This vegan Christmas leftover sandwich is our ultimate Boxing Day favourite. Loaded with leftover nut roast, shredded carrots and Brussels sprouts slaw, this Holiday meal is incredibly delicious.
For us, the best thing about Christmas is the leftovers. Filling up thick slices of bread with anything from leftover nut roast turkey to roasted veggies, the food on Boxing Day is still incredibly tasty and requires zero effort.
In our opinion, you can literally add anything you fancy to your Boxing Day sandwiches and nobody will judge. Here’s our favourite combination:
Total preparation time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 150-200g leftover nut roast (find our nut roast recipe here)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- Leftover salad
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Brussels sprouts slaw:
- 100-150g leftover Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make the Brussels sprouts slaw, toast the chopped almonds in a pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently, until they are fragrant and turning golden on the edges.
- Whisk together the rest of the slaw ingredients, expect the Brussels sprouts, in a bowl. Then add the shredded Brussels sprouts and almonds and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble the sandwich: spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce on one sandwich bread. Add shredded carrots, salad, nut roast, Brussels sprout slaw and another layer of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and put another slice of sandwich bread on top.
- Heat vegan butter or olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Put the sandwich in the pan and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Did you make this vegan Christmas leftover sandwich?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan Christmas leftover sandwich recipe, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano