Vegan Chinese noodles with vibrant vegetables and a crunchy, soft and sweet texture. A super simple, flavour-packed noodle recipe that you’ll want to make every week.
If you know me, you know that I’m a big big noodle fan. Pad Thai, curry noodles, rice noodle salads,… you name it! These vegan Chinese noodles are one of my absolute favourites though! I just love how simple and easy it is to cook and how delicious it tastes.
So if you are craving a late night noodle fix or a speedy lunch on a busy weekday, this recipe is perfect! It takes less than 20 minutes to make and is the ideal clean-out-the-fridge recipe.
How to make the best vegan Chinese noodles
1. Use leftover veg
This recipe is ideal for using up any leftover veg that you’ve got lying around in your fridge. I usually use mushrooms, bell pepper and spring onion but all your favourite veggies will work for this to be honest! Only make sure to cut the vegetables into similar sized pieces to help cook them at the same rate.
2. Season well
I think with easy vegetable dishes like this, it’s all about flavour! So don’t be afraid to season well and add your favourite spices to mix things up.
3. Press tofu
As tofu contains a lot of water, you need to press it ahead of baking. To do this, simply wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen or paper towel and put a stack of books or something heavy such as a frying pan on top. Leave for 15-25 minutes. Alternatively, you can use your hands to press it lightly. Just make sure you’re distributing the pressure evenly and don’t push too hard.
Vegan Chinese noodles serving suggestions
- I love serving these vegan Chinese noodles with fresh coriander, sesame seeds and chopped spring onion. Simple but absolutely delicious!
- Add fresh chillies for an extra spice kick
- Or why not serve them with chopped peanuts for a bit of a crunch
Chinese Noodles ingredients
To make the best vegan Chinese noodles, you will need:
- Vegetables: bell pepper, mushrooms or any other vegetables you have at home
- Tofu (pressed)
- Sauce: low-sodium soy sauce, garlic cloves (minced), brown sugar, sriracha, ginger (minced), water
- Garnish: spring onions, fresh coriander and sesame seeds
- Olive Oil, salt and pepper
Total cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 150g Chinese noodles
- 1 tofu, pressed
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1.5 cm fresh ginger, minced
- 4-6 tbsp water
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, prep the sauce by whisking together soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, sriracha, ginger and water. Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved, for about 4 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan or wok over medium heat. Add diced tofu and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add 1 garlic clove, bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, noodles and sauce to the same pan and stir until coated.
- Serve with chopped coriander, spring onion and sesame seeds.
Craving more quick & easy recipes? Click here
Did you make these vegan Chinese noodles?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan Chinese noodles recipe, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano