Still missing a starter for your Christmas menu? It won’t get any better than this vegan carrot “salmon”. Served with vegan cream cheese on fresh baguette or crackers, this recipe will simply blow your mind. Unreal texture, simple ingredients and so easy to prep!
Preparation time: 15 minutes (at least two hours resting time) | Serves: 4 | Easy
- 4 large carrots, cut in half
- 180ml warm water
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp caper brine
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- First up, cook carrots with 1 tsp of salt in a small pot for about 8-10 mins. They should be fork-tender, but not mushy.
- Rinse the carrots with cold water and then dry them off with a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl or container, combine water, oil, caper brine, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Once the carrots have cooled off completely, slice them into thin strips (lengthwise) and place into the marinade. Place them in the fridge for at least a few hours, ideally overnight.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano