If we could only eat one breakfast for the rest of our lives, I’d probably go for these super fluffy vegan pancakes! They’re proof that vegans don’t have to give their breakfast favourites a miss!
What do I serve with these vegan pancakes?
This is really up to you! Keep it classy with a good drizzle of maple syrup or vegan butter, or really go for it with a scoop or two of vegan ice cream and chocolate sauce. Fruits like strawberry, banana or blueberries are always a good shout too.
- 190g flour
- 340ml plant milk (soya or almond)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract, optional
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 tsp sunflower oil or coconut oil
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, vinegar and salt in a bowl. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan (ideally a pancake pan) over a medium heat and add 1 teaspoons of the oil.
- Pour around two tablespoons of the batter into one side of the pan and spread with the back of the spoon until around 10 cm in diameter.
- Make a second pancake in exactly the same way. Cook for two minutes then quickly flip over and cook on the other side for a further minute, or until light, fluffy and golden brown.
- Repeat this process until you’ve used up the batter. Serve with fresh berries or simply some maple syrup.
Did you make these vegan pancakes?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan pancakes, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano