These hearty sweetcorn fritters are perfect for a cozy morning brunch! Topped with smashed avocado, spring onion and fresh parsley, they’re so flavourful and easy to make. Only a few ingredients needed.
How to make our sweetcorn fritters
Now the setup for these sweetcorn fritters is unbelievably simple. Start by mashing or blending your sweetcorn and spring onion, then throw them into a bowl with all of your other ingredients. From there, form small patties using your hands or a spoon and fry them in a hot skillet with a good drizzle of olive oil. Flip, cook and serve alongside a refreshing dollop of smashed avocado. Easy, right?
Why you’ll love these sweetcorn fritters
All you need for this recipe is about five main ingredients, a few spices and a handful of cupboard staples. In about 25 minutes you turn an everyday veggie into an all-star starter, snack or light lunch. What’s not to love?
This recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some veggies! Why not add courgette, chickpeas or cherry tomatoes to mix it up?
We love serving these fritters with smashed avocado, but the opportunities are endless! They also pair super well with baked beans, hearty soups or vegetable stews.
Total cooking time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 170g sweet corn
- 70g polenta
- 80ml almond milk
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ avocado, smashed
- Chilli flakes
- Combine the sweet corn and spring onions in a bowl and blend with a hand blender. Alternatively transfer to a food processor and blend until combined but not completely mushy.
- Add polenta, flour, breadcrumbs, bicarbonate of soda, chilli, parsley, almond milk, salt and pepper to the mixture and whisk to combine. If the mixture is too soft, add ½ tbsp breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour around two tablespoons of the batter into one side of the pan and spread with the back of the spoon until around 10 cm in diameter. Make a second fritter in exactly the same way.
- Cook for about five minutes then quickly flip over and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat this process until you’ve used up the batter.
- Serve with smashed avocado, chilli flakes and parsley.
Did you make these sweetcorn fritters?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan sweetcorn fritters, tag us on Instagram @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano