These sweet potato bites aren’t just pretty to look at, they’re also packed with flavour and super easy to make. Topped with avocado and chickpeas, this is the perfect no-fuss appetiser or light dinner! Let us show you how it’s done!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Makes: 8-12 | Easy
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 sweet potato
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- Handful fresh cress (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash and dry your sweet potato. Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds about (1cm/ ⅓ inch) and place on a baking tray lined with a large baking sheet.
- Brush the slices with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake for 20 minutes, turning them halfway.
- In the meantime make the avocado topping. Combine avocado, chickpeas, lemon juice and vegan mayo in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the roasted sweet potato slices with the avocado-chickpea mixture and sprinkle with chopped onions and fresh cress.
Looking for more easy vegan meal ideas? Try these:
Did you make these sweet potato bites?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our sweet potato bites, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano