If you love the flavours of roasted peanuts, buttery caramel and chilli flakes, you’re going to love these vegan peanut butter cookies. They are super easy to make, only require six ingredients and are full of flavourful spices!
Which peanut butter should I use?
At most supermarkets, you’ll find two types of peanut butter: smooth and chunky. You can use either for this recipe. For a slightly crunchier texture, go for the chunky peanut butter. For slightly softer cookies, opt for the smooth version.
How to make these peanut butter cookies:
Like I said, these cookies are crazy easy. There’s no hard-to-pronounce ingredients, no fancy equipment, etc. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious cookie recipe.
Start by combining the dairy-free butter with peanut butter and brown sugar in a bowl and beat the mixture until creamy. Make sure to take the butter out of the fridge first thing in the morning so it’s nice and soft when you need it.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. From there, simply combine both mixtures, then cover the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
All that’s left to do now is to shape the dough into cherry tomato sized balls, place them onto a baking sheet and bake! I also like to press the cookies down with the back of a fork to squash them a little. When doing this, It helps to dip the fork in sugar to keep it from sticking to the dough.
Total cooking time: 50 minutes | Makes: 18 | Easy
- 150g plain flour
- 120g peanut butter
- 75g vegan butter, room temperature
- 70g brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chopped peanuts for decoration
- Combine dairy-free butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat the mixture until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together the dry ingredients—the flour, chilli flakes and baking powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat your oven to 190°C and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Shape the dough into cherry tomato sized balls and place them about 3 inches (7 cm) apart on the tray.
- Press the cookies down with the back of a fork to squash them a little. Sprinkle each cookie with chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden around the edges.
Did you make these peanut butter cookies?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our peanut butter cookies, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano