As part of our 28-Day Vegan Challenge this Veganuary, we’re featuring four recipes of our favourite foodie and recipe creators! For week 2, we’re very excited to introduce you to Amy from @nourishing.amy and her incredibly tasty jackfruit and sun-dried tomato curry noodles!
A rich and hearty bowl of fragrant sun-dried tomato curried jackfruit served with noodles, crunchy cashew nuts and fresh herbs. This makes a great warming, healthy plant-based and gluten-free lunch or dinner and is ready in under 30 minutes. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 3 | Easy
- 80g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tin jackfruit (drained weight approx. 255g)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin coconut milk, full-fat (400ml)
- 200g peas
- 3 portions noodles
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and black pepper
To serve: fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts, chilli flakes, lime wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan and add the red onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softening. Add in the spices and fry for 2 minutes until smelling fragrant.
- Drain the jackfruit and break it up slightly with your hands. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and jackfruit to the frying pan and stir to coat in the spices. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato puree and tamari soy sauce with some salt and black pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add in the peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Serve the noodles alongside the Jackfruit and Sun-Dried Tomato curry, top with fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts, chilli flakes and lime wedges.
Amy is a plant-based food blogger, recipe developer, content creator, food stylist and photographer, creating and sharing vegan recipes to nourish your soul and body, alongside inspirational messages. Eating and living the Nourishing Amy way is to be in tune with your body’s natural rhythm, to listen to its cravings and to treat each meal as a special occasion – to nourish you from the inside out. Check out her beautiful recipes here @nourishing.amy.
In 2020, Amy also released her first eBook, Nourish Me, 12 everyday recipes for delicious plant-based living. It features 12 new plant-based recipes to help you to add some more vegetables, fruit and wholesome treats into your everyday life. The recipes are simple to follow with easy-to-find ingredients. They are all naturally gluten-free or have gluten-free options to suit everyone.