This is the only last-minute Christmas recipe you need right now! This easy vegan nut roast is incredibly rich, packed with festive flavours and definitely the easiest festive recipe you’ll ever make. Merry Christmas everyone!
- 300 mixed nuts, ground
- 150g green lentils (tinned), washed and drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 50g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest from 1 orange
- 50ml soya milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add celery, leek, lentils and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Stir in peanut butter, parsley, orange zest, cranberries, bread crumbs, soya milk and nuts. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Press down using a spoon or your fingers to compact the mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 20 more minutes.
5. We love to serve this roast with herb-infused potatoes, maple-roasted carrots and vegan gravy!
Did you make this easy vegan nut roast?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our easy vegan nut roast, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano