- Made this super creamy, deliciously flavourful vegan mac and cheese earlier this week and still can’t get over how amazing it was! Made of cauliflower, cashews and almond milk, it’s super healthy too. The perfect comfort food!
Total cooking time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4 | Easy
- 400g dried macaroni
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, optional
- 300ml almond milk
- 100g unsalted cashews, chopped and soaked for at least 2 hours
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp muscat
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the chopped garlic and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add turmeric, smoked paprika and muscat and sauté for another minute.
3. Pour in the almond milk, while stirring continuously.
4. Add cauliflower, cashews and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets, season with sea salt and pepper and add the water. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp-tender. Set aside.
6. Once the cauliflower is soft, use a hand blender to blend until you’ve got a smooth sauce. Add in the pasta, broccoli and cherry tomatoes (optional) and mix well. Season with some more salt and pepper if needed.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano