Total cooking time: 45 minutes | Serves: 2| Easy
- 220g dried macaroni
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 250g), cut into florets
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 180ml almond milk
- 50g unsalted cashews, chopped and soaked for at least 2 hours
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the chopped garlic and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add turmeric, paprika and nutmeg and sauté for another minute.
3. Pour in the almond milk, while stirring continuously.
4. Add cauliflower, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes.
5. In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets, season with sea salt and pepper and add 2 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp-tender. Set aside.
6. Once the cauliflower is soft, use a hand blender or transfer to a food processor to blend until you’ve got a smooth sauce. Add another 1-2 tbsp almond milk if the sauce is too thick. Add in the pasta and broccoli and mix well. Season with some more salt and pepper if needed.
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano