As part of our 28-Day Vegan Challenge this Veganuary, we’re featuring four recipes of our favourite foodie and recipe creators! For week 3, we’re very excited to introduce you to Maya from @fitgreenmind and her incredible Dan Dan Noodles!
These Dan Dan noodles are from her cookbook ALL IN ONE and are packed with flavour! With only a handful of simple ingredients, they’re also super easy to make!
Total cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
For the soy protein ‘meat’:
- 70g textured soy protein (or 220g smoked tofu)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 ground ginger
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek or Sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 30g peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
To serve: 200g noodles, sesame seeds, chilli and spring onion
- First cook the textured soy protein for 10 minutes, then drain off excess water. Heat up in a pan (or a wok) some oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft, add the remaining ingredients for the ‘meat’ and keep frying it on medium heat.
- In the meantime soak the noodles in boiling water for about 10 minutes, add them to the pan with the ‘meat’ and pour in the remaining ingredients. Give it a good stir.
- Serve with sesame seeds, chilli and spring onion, enjoy!
Fitgreenmind was established by Maya in January 2019 and has grown with over 320k follower on Instagram to one of the biggest vegan food blogs in Germany!