Make this creamy vegan mushroom and seitan pasta dish on days when you need a big bowl of comfort. Crispy seitan, chestnut mushrooms, nut butter and parsley make this a rich, flavourful and incredibly easy dish.
We scrolled all the way down on our Instagram profile this morning and realised that this dish was one of the very first we tried when we went vegan. Well, we’ve tweaked the recipe a little over the last years, adding seitan – one of our more recent addictions – and refining little bits. It’s so simple, quick, and utterly luxurious! So, if you want to give this all-time favourite of ours a try, see below.
Total cooking time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Easy
- 250g pasta, cooked
- 100g seitan deli slices, diced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut or cashew butter
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 150ml single soya cuisine (we always use Alpro)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions, garlic and seitan pieces and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add in the mushrooms and salt. Reduce heat and fry for another 5-7minutes.
3. Once they’re cooked, add nut butter and soy cuisine and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add your pasta to the sauce to combine. Serve with fresh parsley.
Did we make this mushroom and seitan pasta 3 times in the last week? Yes, we did. Did we regret it? Not at all! Will we make it again next week? Probably. It’s simply one of our favourite quick and deliciously simple recipes.
If you’re looking for more quick and easy vegan recipes, check out our favourite summer recipes here.
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder of Veano