You’d never guess the main ingredient of this luxuriously smooth and velvety vegan chocolate mousse… TOFU! With just 5 ingredients, this dessert is a real winner and super easy to make!
Serve it on Christmas eve and everyone will think you spent hours preparing this incredibly smooth and creamy chocolate dessert! Sprinkle with an extra grating of chocolate, fresh fruit or chopped hazelnuts.
- 400g silken tofu, drained
- 150g dark chocolate (make sure vegan)
- 1 tbsp rum (substitute with espresso to make alcohol-free)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Extra grating of chocolate, fresh fruit or chopped hazelnuts for serving (optional)
- Put the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, steamy water, stirring frequently until smooth. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until just melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process everything together until it develops a smooth texture.
- Divide the mousse between four small glasses, then pop in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with an extra grating of chocolate, fresh fruit or chopped hazelnuts.
Did you make this vegan chocolate mousse?
We absolutely love seeing your takes on our recipes! If you make our vegan chilli sin carne, tag us on Instagram as @weareveano. Also let us know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Veano